One of the oldest towns in the North Bohemia under the hill Hvozd. It was founded in 1240 along the trade route to Lusatia. Dominican monastery rebuilt in the 17th century with the adjacent church of St. Lawrence, a work of high baroque with dome and two towers, catacombs with mumies. Many classicist houses and historic town zone. The town is a centre of guard of the Lusatian mountains protected area.